What is your Dream Job now or when you were a kid

Ive almost spent 2 years now in my Computer science degree and for the life of me, I had a second to remember how I used to dream of being a chef just because I helped my mom in cooking a lot and partaking in different recipes we found on the tv or internet together

So what is your dream job right now if you're still pursuing or what was it as a kid? has it changed and are you happy?

If you want an advice from a man in his 30s, if you love what you're doing and learning so far about CS, then I'm sure whichever further job you decide to get will help you put food on the table

My dream job was a policeman but in the end I settled for being a nurse and lemme tell you I ve never been happier, just wanted to help people as a policeman and doing that part as a nurse, I have no regrets

Well Im a fresh graduate thats teaching science now as a job but I plan to work higher and do masters in astronomy and being a fan of space and stars at a young age, I can confidently say I'm living my dream and learning all my favorite stuff

• Love
Reactions: MybrokenMarikoo
I wanted to be a car designer, I used to have a sketchbook in which I drew my designs. One of them looks like the Cybertruck....no wonder I lost my sketchbook(elon stole it)

Reactions: Kutamaru
Same boat as you my friend, but as a kid, I had dreams of being a baseball star
I played Baseball a lot with my dad and even on my middle school team but ig I got fascinated with technology later as a teen and tbh it suits me well and pays well too!!

Reactions: Ace_the_Cayde66
Was to be a painter/artist but in my country that doesn't get you food on the table, like at all XD
Ig maybe I could ve done graphic designing too?

Ah well

I did my degree in Electrical Engineering, and I love my job right now, but if you ask 7-year-old me, he wanted to be a Formula 1 racer.

Was to be a painter/artist but in my country that doesn't get you food on the table, like at all XD
Ig maybe I could ve done graphic designing too?

Ah well
same i used to paint all the time, make sketches and all but studied bio tech instead

Well as a kid, you dont remotely get to decide an actual job, my 'dream job' was to be a space bounty hunter lmaoo
probs cuz I watched too many cartoons and Star Trek haha

As a kid growing up near the mountains, the rocks and geology always intrigued me sooo much
and guess what...studying to become Geologist (on my way there YAY!) 😁

Well I wanted to work in a zoo, and possibly help polar bears and tigers etc lol
I got almost to that point until I decided I wanna live a normal life and my ambitions died right there and then

Ah well that was just when I was like 8 yrs old so yea

Software engineer, have always lovec computers, nothing too special, gets bread on the table for me and my living for the hobbies like anime figurines and games

My dream job ever since I was 6 years old, was to be a cabinet installer like my dad. I achieved this dream when I was 20. Dad took me on as his assistant when his last assistant suddenly died of a heart attack. For 11 great years I and my father did install for a small local cabinet company.

Three years ago the owner of the company Jim, retired and sold the business. Jim's son Tom didn't take over like my coworkers and I all thought was going to happen. Instead an account whose father was a concrete company owner bought the place.

She fired our best project manager within the first 3 weeks. She fired my father 6 months later, a month before he was gonna retire. She fired me a month and a half after that.

Then 2 months later I found out my father is terminally ill. I spent the last 2 years helping my mother take care of him as he slowly died.

He passed away May 5th at 8pm. I've been dealing with a form of PTSD ever since.