What Are Your Favorite Myths?

this is all a dream of the god vishnu. he's asleep on an endless lake of milk, tended to by his wife. the god brahma blooms from his navel, and all the reality of our existence, everything that ever has or will happen, is vishnu's dream. thats why our reality is so irrational.one day. he's gonna wake up

I always thought it was funny that Pandora was at fault for releasing evils upon the world through her curiosity. Even the Greeks' basic myths were intensely misogynistic.

Anything involving Odysseus is fascinating. He was incredibly clever, and the myths often make logical sense. I particularly enjoy the story of Polyphemus and the sheep—it’s a great example of Odysseus’s resourcefulness.

Loki turning into a female horse to attract a stallion—whose name I can never seem to remember—only to end up being mounted by the stallion is pretty wild. The result was Loki giving birth to an eight-legged horse. I love Loki, but that story is just too funny.

That any of you exist. Everything you say sounds like something my mind would have you say. Even the guy that read this, thought about it, and moved on without liking it, that's all me, I'm sick like that.

Baba Yaga. She's a figure you don't really hear about in the US (I've never heard of her until I was in my late teens, and I was obsessed with unusual fairy tales as a kid) and I just find her whole mythology fascinating.

Sisyphus. Anyone over the age of thirty knows no matter how good things are going...there is rust building in the bottom of your water heater. In life, you just need to find happiness in pushing the rock up the hill. Because that sucker is just going to roll down and you have to start over.

I find the idea that giving more money to the wealthy will eventually trickle down to the rest of us, and that it’s the best solution for financial problems, quite intriguing.

It feels like a myth to think there’s someone out there who finds me not just attractive but lovely to be around, someone who genuinely wants to be with me.

Until then, I do have a girlfriend, though it’s been almost three years since I’ve been intimate. It’s tough.