What Are Your Favorite Myths?

The Loch Ness Monster? Oh, I’m convinced it’s out there—that piece a shit always kept me lost in my thoughts after watching that movie called The Secret of Loch Ness fro m2008

I really like how Theseus from the Greek mythos evolves as he gains more power, and it’s interesting to see how it goes to his head later

Might seem the most cliche here but its gotta be Bigfoot.

I grew up in Oregon and have been on the lookout for him my whole life after watching so many yt videos that terrified me.

I wish I could track down the original source, but there was a theory floating around years ago suggesting that Zeus had relationships with many women as a way to integrate local gods into the broader Greek pantheon.

In Greek mythology, immortality and immortality work a bit like co-dominant traits. When two mortals have a child, the baby is always mortal. When two immortals have a child, the baby is always immortal. But when a mortal and an immortal have a child, that child is a mortal who is greater than any ordinary mortal, often called a hero.

So, picture early Greeks moving into a region where the main deity is someone like Bob. They could either try to eliminate Bob’s worship, let it coexist with their own beliefs, or integrate it into their mythology. To do the latter, they might create a story like, "Oh, Bob! I know him! He's actually a great hero in our mythology too! You see, Zeus visited his mother in the form of a..." and so on.

It's an intriguing theory, but it's tough to find solid evidence. Plus, it doesn’t account for later blending practices with other cults, like the cult of Isis. So, for now, it remains just a theory.

The Tower of Babel is a cool story that really captures how people in ancient times might have felt about the world around them which was a bit of strange and a bit scary, the best of both worlds lol.

In the original ver of the story (not the Sunday school version), God comes off as pretty harsh. He sees the people building the tower and thinks, "Wow, if they keep working together, they'll be unstoppable!" So, he decides to mess things up for them, just like any well-intentioned patriarch might.

It’s a really complex tale with a meaningful message about unity.

As for the theory around it, while it's intriguing, it's tough to find solid proof. Plus, it doesn't take into account how different religions, like the cult of Isis, coexisted later on. So for now, it remains just a theory so idk much bout it after this.

Any myth with Zeus/Jupiter. That guy would fuck anything as anything.

A swan? Ladies love swans, they're romantic. A bull? So manly. Although oddly he didn't use his bull form when he turned one of his lovers into a cow. A shower of gold? Make it rain, bitches love gold!
Sry if acting like such a douche but this guy would always baffle me with how he was in in his time with some of the stories

I love stories about Pele, the Hawaiian goddess of volcanoes. Most of her tales revolve around people trying to win her favor, but no matter what they do, she always ends up causing volcanic eruptions anyway.

Something is fascinating about the idea that, even in mythology, the volcano is just an unstoppable force of nature, erupting regardless of human attempts to explain or influence it.

Probably Zeus and the Greek pantheon, but just because I'm guilty as charged that the God of War games got me into them in the first place lol

Area 51 and Bigfoot kept me up all night scared on if they re real or not, even to this day I still think they are, at least area 51 XD

The myth of Tantalus tells of his punishment, where he is placed in a pond with clear, fresh water and beneath a tree with low-hanging fruit. Whenever he reaches for the fruit, the branches move away, and whenever he tries to drink the water, it recedes from him.

\Zeus originally created people with two heads, four arms, and four legs. He split everyone apart because he thought they would be too powerful. He made it so that everyone's life was dedicated to finding their literal other half.

The creation myth from Heliopolis in Egypt starts with primordial chaos and a mound of dirt emerging from it. Atum, whose name means "finished," creates himself from this primordial ooze. Feeling lonely and bored with his divine power, Atum decides to engage in self-pleasure.

Afterward, he collects his semen in his mouth and either spits it out or sneezes, depending on the version of the myth, giving birth to the air deities Shu and Tefnut. These siblings then come together to create Geb and Nut, who become the earth and the sky.

I’m really into King Arthur mythology. I’ve visited many of the sites linked to the legends, and a lot of them truly feel mystical. I’ve been to the pool where the knights are said to have bathed before seeking the Holy Grail and the cave where Merlin supposedly lived. Experiencing these places in person has brought the myths to life for me, making them even more captivating.

Do you know the myth of Eath-That-Was? When she was born she had no sky. She was open, inviting, and the stars would rush into her, through the skin of her, making the oceans boil with sensation. When she could endure no more ecstasy, she puffed up her cheeks and blew out the sky.