What Are Your Favorite Myths?

Big Foot, Gree Mythology, Kraken, Megaladon still alive, Area 51 theory, and whatnot. Comment your favorite myths. Definition of myth is what you make it. Discuss

I'm totally into the whole Men in Black thing. The idea of a secret government agency covering up alien encounters is like the best mix of sci-fi and conspiracy theories.

The myth of the Bermuda Triangle always gets me. The stories of ships and planes disappearing without a trace in this mysterious region are both spooky and fascinating, used to shit my pants looking at planes disappearing videos on youtube when I was 12

Chupacabra is my favorite myth Saw it for the first time in Scooby Doo and been a fan of it since. The stories of this creature sucking the blood of livestock are so creepy, and it’s interesting how the myth changes depending on where you hear it.

I love Greek mythology. The stories of the gods and heroes are dramatic and captivating. I can’t get enough of tales like the Labors of Hercules or the Odyssey.

The myth of the Bermuda Triangle always gets me. The stories of ships and planes disappearing without a trace in this mysterious region are both spooky and fascinating, used to shit my pants looking at planes disappearing videos on youtube when I was 12
DUDE SAME, those videos were so scary and my elder brother used to say that there is a triangle under my bed and that used to scare the shit out of me

I find the lost city of Atlantis fascinating. Whether it's just a myth or there's some truth to it, the idea of an advanced civilization that vanished without a trace really intrigues me. That's why "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" is one of my top movies.

DRAGONS! I’ve always been intrigued by the myth of dragons. Whether it’s European fire breathing dragons or ice spitting dragons from GOT, even Chinese dragon gods, these creatures are a staple of fantasy and mythology

Slenderman is my go to myth. Even though it’s a more modern creation, the way it’s spread through the internet and become a part of digital folklore is really interesting and I played many of the those game as well, Slender Man the eight pages being my favourite

Icarus was the boy with wings made of wax. Most people know the story—his father warned him not to fly too close to the sun, but he didn't listen. The sun's heat melted the wax, and he plummeted into the ocean, where he drowned.

But there's more to the tale tho. As Icarus fell with his burning wings, he flew over Africa, and the flames singed the people below, giving them their dark skin.

Chupacabra is my favorite myth Saw it for the first time in Scooby Doo and been a fan of it since. The stories of this creature sucking the blood of livestock are so creepy, and it’s interesting how the myth changes depending on where you hear it.
LOL I heard about it from that one episode of Dexter's Laboratory where him and he sister Deedee get abducted

I've always been fascinated by the story of King Midas. A greedy man who wished for the power to turn everything he touched into gold. But when he accidentally turned his own daughter into gold with a kiss, he was devastated. The god (maybe Hermes?) who granted him the golden touch eventually took it away at Midas's desperate request, bringing his daughter back to life. As a punishment for his greed, Midas was given donkey ears.

The concept of Greek gods mingling with mortals and creating demigods is fascinating to me. Sure, things didn’t always go smoothly for the demigods, but imagine having powers inherited from a divine parent—that would be sick as hell!

Rick Riordan took this idea and ran with it, which is why the Percy Jackson series and its spinoffs are among my favorite books.

Greek mythology

My favorite in that is the story of the mad Titan Kronos, who devoured his own children out of fear that they would one day rise up and overthrow him.

Norse mythology is incredible, and Fenrir is especially badass!

Jumbees are mythological creatures from Caribbean folklore. It’s said that those who were wicked in life are doomed to remain evil in death

A friend of mine, who spent a year in Guyana, told me about them a few years ago. Apparently, people would leave bowls of rice at their front doors to keep the Jumbees distracted.

Loki turned into a female horse to attract a horse whose name I can never remember, but then things got out of hand, and Loki ended up giving birth to an eight-legged horse. I love the god, but that whole situation is just too funny as hell straight out of a weird shitpost I'm sorry lmao

Thanatos, but it may sound weird but I got into him from playing Persona 3 XD
The god of Death always sounded freakishly badass to me and ofc the Persona Thanatos had the most wicked design of any SMT monster or demon