The Outlast Trials AMA

Absalon

Seasoned
Staff member
Hi Everyone!

We are currently hosting an AMA for The Outlast Trials with Game Director Alex Charbonneau and one of Red Barrels Co-Founder "Phil Morin".

If you have any questions regarding The Outlast Trials ( including its DLCs ) , the ongoing Countdown EVENT or Red Barrels in general, feel free to ask!

The deadline for questions is 19th September. After that, the thread will be closed, and your questions will be forwarded to Red Barrels.

Attachments

• image_2024-09-10_220143640.png
    image_2024-09-10_220143640.png
    743.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image_2024-09-10_220157912.png
    image_2024-09-10_220157912.png
    660.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
With the singleplayer success that you guys had with Outlast 1 and 2, was it a challenge making a multi-player live service one like Outlast Trials or did you guys knew the precautions and risks to go with this route on the third game?

Hey Alex and Phil! Really enjoying Outlast Trials, me and my buddies fool around in it on the weekends with our other horror multiplayer games

Wanted to ask you guys what your favorite horror movies are? Also idk if you guys know, there's a really good horror movie found footage franchise called the Hell House, I think you guys can make a fantastic video game adaptation about it, any thoughts on that too?

The first Outlast and the Whistleblower DLC is my all time favorite video game experiences! Although the second game didnt hit as hard but I hope you guys continue making these games, would really the next singleplayer Outlast title to be set in a desert, maybe a game similar in setting to the Hills have eyes? :p

I loved the new event as it added the pressure and intensity I had been craving for. My only gripe is the low points and tokens earned. Can you guys increase them a little bit ? Thanks