Interview Yakuza Producer Asked About The Possibility Of Kiryu In Fighting Games

Absalon

Seasoned
Staff member
In an interview with Yokoyama around the upcoming Prime Video series based on the games, Like A Dragon: Yakuza, I asked him how he’d feel about characters like Kiryu, Majima, or Ichiban making the jump over to a fighting game like Tekken 8.

“I think it’s better to say that going across mediums like how we did with [the Like A Dragon: Yakuza TV] series is better, rather than just going to another game,” Yokoyama said. “We receive all kind of invitations to appear in other games, but we never actually went over to their doorstep and said ‘let us in.’ I think going cross-medium is the better way to go about it.”

image_2024-08-07_033540591.png

I’ve been saying it for a while but I’ll say it again, while everyone seems to think Kiryu is gonna get into Tekken, I honestly think it will be Majima instead

This actually makes me wonder how they haven't taken a shot at a Yakuza fighting game.

But yeah, I'd probably lose my shit and buy a fighter pass if Kiryu showed up in Street Fighter 6.