Xbox No Longer Has Its Head In The Game

SpartaN

Administrator
Staff member
Story Highlights
  • Xbox seems to have learned nothing after the Lionhead debacle.
  • Shutting down Tango two years after its acquisition is hypocritical in hindsight.
  • Companies are no longer considering the human cost of business.
Every day I wake up, the video game industry appears to have gone a foot deeper into the filthiest and most destructive pit known to man. This time, Xbox and Microsoft appear to be at the forefront of the “who gets to ruin the gaming space with the worst decisions ever” competition.

I don’t know if there’s some civil war happening within the company and frankly, I don’t care. All I know is that these guys have lost their minds and the ones on the frontlines have to deal with the full brunt of their bad decisions.

Xbox Didn’t Reflect Strongly Enough After Lionhead​

What needs to be understood is that people make mistakes and that’s okay. The problem is knowing the position you’re in. When a company or a CEO decides to shut a studio down and then it hurts them a little, it’s nothing compared to the hundreds of people who just lost their jobs.

YouTube video

In its documentary from 2021, Xbox went over its life’s story. In one of the segments, Phil Spencer and Sarah Bond talked about a prominent moment in the brand’s history—shutting down Lionhead.

Last edited:
Reactions: pringletrip71
Bruh, Xbox is wildin' out! They're shutting down studios left and right, and it's like they're totally disregarding the devs livelihoods. I mean, I know biz is biz, but come on! They're acting like they're the only ones who matter and what's even more messed up is that theyre doing it again

I swear, the gaming industry is getting more and more toxic by the day. It's all about the profit, and the people who actually make the games are just pawns in their game. I'm starting to lose faith in the industry fr