What are your picks for the Best Elden Ring Build?

502fd83015864a0d48d3868015dadbfd663ff1dce789ff32d4d5f9e73ff28f13_1.jpg
Pic for attention
Before the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC launches in Elden Ring, Im trying to decide the best build to run across my NG+ and beyond save file and while there's a ton of them to use, I mainly a melee user at heart so I would appreciate a few of your picks for builds and your ranking for them from S to D tier.

Mage builds are also welcomed and if they seem good enough I ll try them out but again, would appreciate on what makes them so good including the melee/hybrid ones

er madness build.jpg
My personal favorite build that I ran in my NG+ playthrough of of Elden Ring was this Madness Build by Fextralife
Btw this has flaws in it, won't work against enemies like the last two bosses lmao because they cant bleed
An absolute A tier build for me if you manage to make it work, a slightly tricky playstyle tho

fa3eb9aa-8d92-4587-8143-5b20abb5c91b.jpg
Might be generic as hell to some but my Greatsword Strength build is the magnum opus across all my fromsoftware souls games playthroughs. Despite demanding an excessive time to attack in comparison to other builds, the attack packs quite a punch and the sheer amount of poise is literally unbreakable.If you are wondering how to smash your foes with nothing but massive brawns,

Oh and invest in the following stats:
  1. Strength: 60
  2. Endurance:55
  3. Vigor: 60
Although it seems demanding, the outcome is mind-blowing, especially if you use heavy weapons like this or the Great Stars with Lion's Claw ashes of war. An easy S+ tier build

Here's my tier list for builds that I tried or got test with my friends:
S-TierStrength Build, Faith/Strength Build, Bleed Build, Frost Build
A-TierRot Build, Dragon Communion Spell Build, Quality Build (Most basic one imho), Madness Frenzy, Mage Build
B TierBlackflame Build, Dragon Cult, Int/Faith Build, Faith/Dex
C-TierFaith/Arcane Build, Dex Build (No offense to Dex mains but pure Dex is so boring and corny)

For the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC, I'm probs gonna run with my Blasphemous Blade and Golden Order Greatsword Powerstance build, its fun as hell to use

image (1).jpg
I loved Maliketh so much that I started using a buddy mine's build and it was hella effective. Anything with percent-based dmg-over-time is OP and the Black Blade in particular is super strong in PvE and even PvP.

Imp. Talismans: Shard of Alexander, Cerulean Amber Medallion
Requirements: 50 STR, 40 FTH, 20 DEX

golden order build.jpg
This elden beast build was my favorite creations
Good damage, good range, and pretty decent scaling. One of the reasons I prefer this greatsword over something like the Blasphemous Blade is because it has way more damage. Though, if you have enough weight, I prefer power-stancing it with Blasphemous Blade
The weapon is obviously the Golden Order Greatsword (duh) + Leyndell Knight Set
For Talismans go for important ones like Two-Fingers Heirloom and Shard of Alexander

For the stat spread
  • 20 Strnegth
  • 30 dex
  • 45 Faith

You can check out this tier list Elden Ring Builds Tier List: All Builds Ranked [Detailed Comparison]

I personally used the Bleed and Frostbite ones in the S-Tier and they work great even in NG+2 with the amped up HPs of bosses
The Quality Build is also decent despite being in B tier, but might I add that you can swap to something like Bloodhounds fang there since that's one of the best quality build weapons in elden ring
These are some great options, but personally Id put the Quality Build in Aand even the Frenzy build can be done better but that's just my take

20230811142726_1.jpg
For a build that is a powerhouse in both short range and long range, the intelligence build definitely earns a spot in the best builds for me in Elden Ring. In case you are willing to invest a few levels in dexterity as well then you can pair this build with one of Elden Ring's best katana- The Moonveil. The intelligence build is also considered one of the meta builds thanks to many spells and workarounds that can drain a boss health in the first five seconds of the fight

Its obviously a B tier build but in the right hands, you can go crazy with it due to the mixed Int and Mind stat scalings

image_2024-06-05_233525290.png

My berserker build inspired from Gut's berserker armor.

Maliketh's armor with Greatsword. I used this to finish my first playthrough. Sad you cant't make this build until the very end

also I used Godlsayer's Greatsword in second hand for dual wield