Official Sony Aims to Optimize PlayStation’s Development Projects to Consistently Release Hit Games

SpartaN

Administrator
Staff member
cbb7fda7-ps5-units.jpg

Today Sony hosted its quarterly financial conference call, and CFO and COO Hiroki Totoki provided more insight into the performance and plans for the PlayStation business.

During the livestreamed presentation, we heard that the 116 million figure announced earlier today for PlayStation Network monthly active users us the highest ever recorded for June. Total playtime on the platform also increased 8% year-on-year.

Moving on to software, the executive explained that Helldivers 2 is performing better than expected within the forecast announced in May. The PC version of Ghost of Tsushima and the expansion of Destiny 2: The Final Shape are also “contributing to earnings” (which is bitterly ironic in view of the recent mass layoffs at Bungie).

Full news:
Sony Aims to Optimize PlayStation's Development Projects to Consistently Release Hit Games - Simulation Daily

Does this mean they ll stop laying off staff members then? Because after what I saw what happened at Bungie, doesn't look like that cunt Pete Parsons should be still CEO at Bungie

• Haha
Reactions: Matt Shakyo Booty
Still waiting for a sale on Ghost of Tsushima but glad to see that's doing well
Does this mean they ll stop laying off staff members then? Because after what I saw what happened at Bungie, doesn't look like that cunt Pete Parsons should be still CEO at Bungie
Dawg same thing I'm wondering, how is Destiny 2 alongside here after what I heard about Bungie and its layoffs jesus

It's great to hear that the PC version of Ghost of Tsushima is contributing to earnings. That game truly deserves all the success it’s getting. Hopefully, this means we’ll see more PlayStation exclusives coming to PC.

Moving on to software, the executive explained that Helldivers 2 is performing better than expected within the forecast announced in May.

What??!
You ve delisted the game across so man ycoutnries with so many loyal fans, I'm baffled on how its still performing well in their eyes when half the playerbase' been cucked