Nintendo says it wants to avoid Switch 2 scalping by making enough to meet demand

SpartaN

Administrator
Staff member
ezgif-1-abd98ac5f4.jpg
In a Q&A during a general meeting of shareholders, the company’s execs were asked what measures they were taking place to stop reselling of its next console, given that at least year’s meeting they said they were planning to do so.

Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa replied that the company’s main plan for combating scalping is to make sure players don’t have to turn to resellers because they can just buy a console at retail.

Furukawa said that, as a countermeasure against resale, Nintendo believes that the most important thing is to produce sufficient numbers to meet customer demand.

Source:

>Avoid Scalping

Cmon, is that their excuse for STILL not announcing the Switch 2 lmao
"Nintendo confirmed in May that it will announce its next console “this fiscal year”, meaning the Switch’s successor will be revealed by the end of March 2025 at the latest."

I mean Im not one for announcements or anything but I believe enough that they wont back out on their word in come next March.
Still tho, yea an announcement for a switch 2 in 2025 is still late, console should ve instead launched by that lol

I just hope the specs are worthwhile, I don't believe the leaks or news yet because it can be still subject to change, but AT LEAST make it on par with the PS4's hardware or maybe slightly better idk

View attachment 320
In a Q&A during a general meeting of shareholders, the company’s execs were asked what measures they were taking place to stop reselling of its next console, given that at least year’s meeting they said they were planning to do so.

Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa replied that the company’s main plan for combating scalping is to make sure players don’t have to turn to resellers because they can just buy a console at retail.

Furukawa said that, as a countermeasure against resale, Nintendo believes that the most important thing is to produce sufficient numbers to meet customer demand.

Source:
Great to see them acknowledging the scalping issues, no fan wants to end up getting cucked out of their console purchase just because some A hole decided to buy them and resell for profit, scummy move