How To Optimize PC for Gaming?

I have been getting some unstable framerate on some recent titles, but want to confirm if my PC is upto speed before considering an upgrade. An helpful tips or options that can staalzie the performance or increase FPS are helpful.

If you're on AMD, don't forget to enable 'Radeon Anti-Lag' and 'Radeon Boost'. These settings have drastically reduced my input lag and improved my overall gaming experience

Capping my frame rates just below my monitor's max refresh rate using RTSS has really helped stabilize my performance. Also, enabling V-Sync in the control panel but not in-game reduced input lag.

Your GPU settings matter a lot in terms of frame generation, I have some tips for Nvidia and AMD cards whichever is helpful for you

NVIDIA:

• Enable DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling): Improve performance without sacrificing image quality.
  • Turn on NVIDIA Reflex: Reduce input lag and improve responsiveness.
  • Enable NVIDIA Graphics Settings: Optimize graphics settings for NVIDIA GPUs.
  • Adjust NVIDIA Control Panel settings:
  1. Set "Maximum pre-rendered frames" to 1-2
  2. Set "Power management mode" to "Adaptive" or "Maximum performance"
  3. Set "Texture filtering" to "High quality"
  • Use NVIDIA GeForce Experience: Optimize game settings and drivers with this software

AMD:

• Enable Radeon Image Sharpening: Improve image quality and performance
  • Turn on Radeon Anti-Lag: Reduce input lag and improve responsiveness
  • Enable Radeon Graphics Settings: Optimize graphics settings for AMD GPUs
  • Adjust AMD Vantage settings:
  1. Set "Radeon Chill" to "Enabled" or "Disabled" depending on your needs
  2. Set "Radeon Anti-Lag" to "Enabled"
  3. Set "Graphics Profile" to "Gaming" or "Esports"
  • Use AMD Radeon Software: Optimize game settings and drivers with this software

There are plenty of guides for optimizing your PC for gaming, here is one that might be helpful but keep in mind how to revert some of the settings cuz not all PCs are same, some settings might benefit you, some might not!