Hidetaka Miyazaki Wants To Work On His Debut Franchise After Elden Ring DLC

SpartaN

Administrator
Staff member
In an interview with IGN Japan, Hidetaka Miyazaki, the director of Elden Ring, said he wants to return to the franchise that started it all for him after Shadow of the Erdtree DLC. He is talking about the beloved Armored Core series. Armored Core: Last Raven was the first game he got to work on. So, he wants to continue the franchise after he is completely done with the anticipated Elden Ring DLC.

‘ARMORED CORE’ is very important to FromSoftware. I have a strong will to continue to make it in the future. I think ‘ARMORED CORE VI’ was a success. On the other hand, not everything was perfect, and there is still room for improvement, so I am determined not to stop there. However, nothing specific has been decided yet,” said the director. [Machine-translated].

He acknowledges that the previous entry was quite successful despite not everything being perfect. So, we’ll likely see massive improvements in Armored Core 7.

What do you guys think? Personally, I would love more Armored Core games in the franchise after the revival effect that the sixth entry had on people

Honestly, I loved playing AC6, especially since it was vastly different from the other Fromsoft games I got to experience. Wouldnt mind Miyazaki cooking up another entry

Armored Core 6 was such a rad game and it wasnt even directed by Miyazaki.

Cant imagine how good a miyazaki directed AC6 would be

AC6 was unique but, it felt like it did 1 thing wayyyy too much. So maybe we could see different forms of gameplay modes or features in the new one.

Armored Core 6 is a fantastic return to form for FromSoft after accruing all that experience with soulsborne

Modern-day FromSoft has unfathomable potential and if the team spends as much time with Armored Core as it did with Souls, this flagship IP will undoubtedly go to heights unseen

Massive Improvements is debatable here since I don't want them to go a risky route with the series but with how creative Fromsoft is, I ll let them go wild with AC7