Official Ghost of Yotei Allows Protagonist Greater Control Over Her Story Than in Tsushima, and Narrative Is About “Underdog Vengeance”

LIONT4MER

Staff member
Just yesterday, Sucker Punch Productions unveiled the Ghost of Tsushima sequel we’ve all been waiting for and it’s titled “Ghost of Yotei.” While details about the game are, understandably, a bit scarce, some new info has risen to the surface about the game’s story and the development behind it.

Speaking in an interview with the New York Times (email required), Ghost of Yotei’s Creative Directors Nate Fox and Jason Connell talked about the sequel’s story, ongoing development, and even choosing the correct location. When it comes to the sequel’s tale, not much was shared other than it it is a story of “underdog vengeance,” and how the game’s protagonist — Atsu — would have greater control over her story than in the previous game.

Full story:

I don't have an issue with the character, but Sony didn't do themselves any favors by hiring a voice actress known for stirring up controversy.

I'm just waiting for her to start insulting gamers, including myself, on social media as the game's release gets closer.

I won’t lie, I’m pretty disappointed there’s no Jin. It feels like a missed chance to explore the cliffhanger from the first game, especially with the shogunate now going after Jin. It would’ve been really interesting to see how he grapples with protecting his people while also having to fight against them, especially with the second Mongol invasion happening just seven years after the events of the first game.

That said im still hyped for Atsu and where she fits in and takes up after Jin

I’m definitely getting this game on day one. I know I'll enjoy it just as much as the first one.

Jin was an amazing protagonist, and like many others, I’d still love to see a sequel to the original.
Liking both doesn’t take anything away from either of them