First Descendant dev promises to make changes after Destiny 2 ‘plagiarism’ accusations

LIONT4MER

Staff member
4-1a1dabf0a3.jpg
Earlier this week, Forbes writer Paul Tassi accumulated a series of icons from Nexon’s recently-launched looter shooter and compared them to similar-looking icon art in Destiny 2.

The image above, created by Tassi, appears to show that several icons share similar shapes and design motifs as those used in Destiny 2.

As reported by IGN, there is evidence to suggest that the root of the problem could be an icon database called Iconduck which features a Destiny Icons set, seemingly mistakenly labelled as open source.

Full news:
(As a Destiny 2 player myself, while I found these surge of accusations online funny, if they re really open source, they could ve at least made them more unique or alter that design to their pref, but that's just me)

• Haha
Reactions: xxWRATH_AVengerxx
there are some things that are similar in gameplay as well but not all of them, I tried First Descendant on my friends PC and the game looks good ngl. I might just download it after they make changes because of these accusations

Last edited:
Im no GFX or UI/UX expert but at least don't make them THAT much obvious XD, I know they re from a public domain of icons but srsly do some effort here haha