Favorite video game opening scenarios/sections?

The beginnings to Final Fantasy VII, Shadow of the Colossus, Ocarina of Time, Metro 2033, Bioshock 1, and Max Payne 1.

Also the openings of Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story and Chrono Trigger are awesome too.

Half-Life 2’s dystopian intro is forever burned into my memory.

Also Tears of the Kingdom, loved that title intro where Link is falling from the sky accompanied with that epic music!

I've been playing Chained Echoes lately, and the intro really captures that same excitement I felt with FF7.

It dives right into the action, gives you a quick look at the main character and their personality, and sets up some intriguing mysteries for the rest of the game.

Plus, you get a sneak peek at the mech combat, which is awesome :love:

my personal favorite is CoD Ghosts, just because going from being in space to running from several gigantic metal rods crashing in the earth is such an amazing way to open the game

my second favorite is borderlands 2. the cutscene is dope. the rest is eh.

Surprised no said yet but I ll go ahead and speak for everyone that Elden Ring's intro of when you watch that cutscene with the monologuing and thenyou wake up, fight the Godrick Soldier guy and step out to Limgrave at the First Step will forever be the most beautiful openings to one of the greatest video games of all time

I'm partial to the first 3 hours or so of Persona 4. It's a slow boil into the world, with minimal gameplay, but an absorbing hook to the story.