Favorite video game opening scenarios/sections?

I believe Uncharted 2 has the best opening of any video game. What's your favorite game intro? You know, the part everyone actually plays like the beginning section to get you fastened in for the ride ahead.

For me, it's Resident Evil 4.

You get a brief cutscene, and then you're thrown right into the woods at dusk, with no way to turn back and nothing but uncertainty ahead. The atmosphere instantly feels eerie and isolating. There's no music—just the sounds of the forest and a few crows.

It's absolutely perfect.

Kinda hard to answer tbh lmao Ragnarok had an insane first chapter as its intro

Death Stranding had probably one of the most visually pleasing Intros

Spider-Man had a really fun one like its hard to pick
😭

Control from Remedy

I went into it knowing nothing—only got it because it won Game of the Year and wasn't sure what to expect. But that intro where you loop back to where you started, and it feels like the same place but different? It blew my mind dawg

Alan Wake 2 it has a cool payoff from the first game while also setting up what’s to come the title drop was oh so satisfying.

This is a bit of an unpopular opinion, but I love the opening hours of kingdom hearts 2. Sure it takes a while but I think it sets up the story great and twilight town is just a fun area to explore

Modern Warfare 3 (2011) intro with you opening the door of a turned over Humvee and then seeing the New York City skyscrapers getting decimated by missiles and gunfire still floors me....

Just immediately sets the tone and gets the adrenaline pumping.

The last of us opening is so good, u immediately get a burst of emotions as the game sets you in for a journey between a broken man and a girl whos the last cure for humanity

FF7 is kinda middle of the road for me in the series but the intro is absolutely one of the best.

My favourite intro was in Witcher 2 cos that castle attack was fun and yeah, but then you instantly get put into the most boring area type, a swamp ( or forest i dont remember)

Cairo Station in Halo 2 is a fantastic opening to me.

Other great ones are TLOU, Mass Effect 3, Ori 1, Doom (2016), and of course, Uncharted 2 like u said fellow cultured OP.

One that I haven't seen mentioned is gta 5, throwing you straight into a heist with no context was so cool and the drive through Los Santos pretty great too, very good hands-on tutorial for its time obviously

Hits ESPECIALLY MORE if u ve played GTA Sanadreas and loved Los Santos

Just Cause 2's air dropping into live AA cannon fire was amazing when I first played it. Just Cause 3's opening was really cool as well.

2006 Prey is always the one that comes to mind for me. I'm not 100% sure it's my favorite, but I have a hard time picking actual favorites anyway
😅

For the longest time it used to be the beginning of God of War 3, but now I think FF16's opening is the best: it sets the tone, shows the gameplay loop, hooks you on the spot.

The intro of Saints Row 4 is fantastic!

Climbing up that rocket with Aerosmith playing in the background, everyone saying their goodbyes and praising you for saving the world—it's just perfect! 👌👌👌