Easiest Strategy to beat golden hippopotamus in Elden Ring?

The boss is an absolute pain and I cant deal with it anymore. Not i am only fightning the camera but the boss too? Can anyone suggest how to easily take care of it?

What helped me was locking on and off between his attacks since obviously he's such a huge piece of shit that obscures your view such as his lunging attack with the mouth

I personally followed this video.

it goes deep into its every attack and moveset but the basic gist is to use Backhand blades with bloodhound step. Or use any of the faster weapons with bloodhound or any ash of war that gives you I frame. Also the blackflame is really good for damage. His grab attack animation gives you time to counter it with that afterwards|

The strategy I found useful was sticking to its behind.

Specifically the entire portion behind his front two legs. Once you are there he cant do much. All you gotta do after that is watch out for his AoE and movements that puit you in front .

Dodge the grab attack by leaving the target lock and just running in forward right or left direction.

I also used Raptor of the Mists to avoid his large slam attacks when he grows out his Hedges but can be dodged by rolling too. Just need good timing.

lastly dont get greedy as he punishes and punishes hard. So make sure dont punish him more than you need to.

good luck

The strategy I found useful was sticking to its behind.

Specifically the entire portion behind his front two legs. Once you are there he cant do much. All you gotta do after that is watch out for his AoE and movements that puit you in front .

Dodge the grab attack by leaving the target lock and just running in forward right or left direction.

I also used Raptor of the Mists to avoid his large slam attacks when he grows out his Hedges but can be dodged by rolling too. Just need good timing.

lastly dont get greedy as he punishes and punishes hard. So make sure dont punish him more than you need to.

good luck
I second this
he cant do much behind his front two legs except for aoe slams