Best DLC Weapons in Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree [Discussion Thread]

Ive always been a fan of how fromsoft introduced players to crazy new weapons with their DLC's on soulsborne titles, with my favorite being Bloodborne's Old Hunters DLC
Wanted to ask since Im partway into the DLC (at Shadowkeep/Scaldu Altus) what are the are the best DLC weapons in the Shadow of the erdtree expansion, please let me know any of your favorite ones if they re decent at best, TIA

milday.jpg
My favorite rn is the Milday sword, paired with the Wing Stance Ash of War, its super good with my quality build rn

Been using the Blacksteel Great Hammer with Faith Scaling and the Prayerfulk strike ash of war
The best thing is that using the AoW gets me back my HP and the thing makes the weapon hit like a truck to enemy's poise
Plus if ya block with the blacksteel and then do a heavy attack, that also shred the poise of targets

ANCIENT METEORIC SWORD

as a connoisseur of Colossal Greatswords I adore this weapon the the long range ash of war that helps in closing in distance while dealing tremendous damage really helps with my aggressive playstyle, but most importantly it pairs very nicely with my character looks.

maleketh's armor + Maliketh's Black Blade + Ancient Meteoric Sword.
One sword for AoE attacks and other for single targets. You really get the best of both words while also having the colors match with the armor. Just Fantastic

image_2024-07-02_092421595.png

Backhand Blade
I'd personally choose the Backhand Blade (Keen version) because of its S-tier Dex scaling and quickness
AND, this thing procs bleed quickly if you manage to time your strikes just right, easily the best dex DLC weapons in shadow of the erdtree
The Bloodfiend arm is broken as hell rn in the DLC, anyone not taking advantage of this is stupid IMO
but hey understandable if they don't wanna melt the final boss

(I did, piece of shit was annoying in the 2nd phase)
LMAO I love how a friend of mine resorted to this for the final boss, but hey cant blame him ig, bro is on NG+4

I love Rellana's twinblades and the drip that comes with them. Of all the Lightgreatswords these are the most fun to use. Switching to two blades on tow handing and giving the ability to unleash two of Rellana's most powerful attacks based on light and heavy inputs; each of which brining certain advantages in different situations is so well thought out and amazing.

image_2024-07-02_091356178.png

used to main great and colossol swords but wanted to try something different and came across Dragon Hunter's Great Katana and I AM LOVING it. The ranged slash attack and monster hunter-esque Longsword attacks are right up my alley.

also made sure to pair with the armors that would match my color scheme and gave my character the appropirate aura for maximum lookmaxing.

Really happy how it all turned out in end

image_2024-07-02_091616046.png

• Wow
Reactions: inbulbus_
Milday with Frost infusion

Among the few light great swords introduced in the dlc, this is easily the best, what with being infusable. This will be a part of many bleed/frost builds powerstanced, including mine lol

It's attack animations and combo design is both elegant and crazy effective, can build up status ailments easily, and slot into many builds. A solid all rounder.

Requires dex and str basically, but arcane when going the status ailments route.

As a spellcaster, Staff of the Great Beyond is a dream come true for mee :whistle:

Scaling with Int and Faith, this staff can cast sorceries AND incantations. No other staff in FromSoft's history can do that, and it offers the best of both worlds

One of the strongest weapons you can get is the fire knight great sword and once you use one of the new Flame Art ashes of war.

It has a really powerful basic combo loop with a ton of range that can go through any obstacle. It's r1 combo string is very fast, and with an ash of war like Flame Spear, gains a fire infusion which can melt through stuff. One of the best faith build weapons around.

I love Rellana's twinblades and the drip that comes with them. Of all the Lightgreatswords these are the most fun to use. Switching to two blades on tow handing and giving the ability to unleash two of Rellana's most powerful attacks based on light and heavy inputs; each of which brining certain advantages in different situations is so well thought out and amazing.

View attachment 313
She caught me simping hard, literally reminds of a female version of Artorias
Her weapons and armor is so freaking badass, even the boss fight

The Dragon Hunter Great Katana
Absurdly op on any dragon, especially the ash of war. Only requires dex and str so easy on the investment, and can deal insane dmg to dragons.

The ash of war's slash has surprisingly accurate targeting and can even hit dragon's heads up in the air. Has the potential to make Bayle a joke. Best dragon-slaying weapon in the game. Use a shard of Alexander and Godfrey Icon to really make it go.