Discussion Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Explains Decision to Launch Indiana Jones and the Great Circle on PS5

LIONT4MER

Staff member
Perhaps the biggest announcement coming out of Opening Night Live was Microsoft’s decision to launch MachineGames' hotly anticipated Xbox game Indiana Jones and the Great Circle on PlayStation 5 a few months after it launches on Xbox and PC.

It’s the latest first-party Xbox game to make the jump to a rival console, following the release of Obsidian’s Pentiment and Grounded, Tango Gameworks’ Hi-Fi Rush, and Rare’s Sea of Thieves earlier in 2024. In June, Microsoft announced Id Software's upcoming Doom: The Dark Ages will also launch on PS5 next year.

During a Microsoft gamescom 2024 livestream, Xbox chief Phil Spencer responded to a question specifically about the decision to bring Indiana Jones and the Great Circle on PS5 and what it means for other upcoming new Xbox releases. Responding, Spencer pointed to the apparently successful release of the four Xbox games on non-Xbox platforms and the boost they’ve enjoyed by going multi-platform.

Source: Xbox Boss Phil Spencer Explains Decision to Launch Indiana Jones and the Great Circle on PS5 - IGN

Xbox knows if they want to make some $ from any game they need to release it on PS cuz most players are on that platform already because it is better in general

I was so happy when i saw this news, Was planning to play on my PC but it just barely reaches the minimum specs needed for this game but now ill wait for PS launch and play there