Which order to play Yakuza games in 2024

Kutamaru

Paragon
Hi, i ve been eyeing to try the Yakuza series titles for over a year now and saw that the games changed their name to like a dragon and have a new protagonist
I am overwhelmed on where to start so can anyone narrow it down for me and provide on these new games??

Hey man nothing to fret about, its not easy to take a step to play the Yakuza series, I gotchu
  1. Yakuza 0
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Tho I recommend the OG Yakuza 2 on PCX2)
  4. Yakuza 3
  5. Yakuza 4
  6. Yakuza 5
  7. Yakuza 6
  8. Like a Dragon
  9. Like a Dragon Gaiden
  10. Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth
The 'Like a Dragon' is just like a soft reboot title for the series since it indeed is about Ichiban Kasuga taking up Kiryus mantle after the series

Start with Yakuza 0 and work your way up from there in numerical order, the Like a Dragon is just a title thingy change, you can still refer to them as Yakuza 7 or 8, community knows that too

Hey man nothing to fret about, its not easy to take a step to play the Yakuza series, I gotchu
  1. Yakuza 0
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  4. Yakuza 3
  5. Yakuza 4
  6. Yakuza 5
  7. Yakuza 6
  8. Like a Dragon
  9. Like a Dragon Gaiden
The 'Like a Dragon' is just like a soft reboot title for the series since it indeed is about Ichiban Kasuga taking up Kiryus mantle after the series
I should add here, Gaiden is like a side story game that takes place between the events of Yakuza 7 and leads into Yakuza 8

Obviously play it the way Lightning said here because Gaiden has spoiler scenes connecting with Yakuza 7

1. Yakuza 0
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  4. Yakuza 3
  5. Yakuza 4
  6. Yakuza 5
  7. Yakuza 6
  8. Like a Dragon
  9. Like a Dragon Gaiden
Uh ideally
I also suggest playing BOTH of the Yakuza games on PS2
just my preference but I really didn't like Kiwami 2s dragon engine physics, just extremely dogsh*t to play man

But hey you do you OP

Collage-Maker-14-Sep-2022-11.07-AM.jpg
OP I know you probas got ur answer but I strongly STRONGLY suggest checking out both the Judgment spinoff titles as well
Basically detective thriller games with a whole new cast and completely unrelated to the Yakuza games, very minor references, and most of all, one of the best stories in RGGverse

You can play them on their own too