What are the best settings for Nvidia Control Panel to maximize performance?

I need a general guide that entails all the best options for Nvidia control panel; balancing out both the visuals and performance. And yes induvidual tips are also preferred. Thanks!

Last edited:
Regarding power management mode, it's best to leave it at Optimal. Maximum performance can put a lot of strain on the GPU and may cause overheating, even when idle. For GPUs from GTX 10 series onwards to RTX, it's safer and more efficient to stick with the Optimal setting.

Regarding power management mode, it's best to leave it at Optimal. Maximum performance can put a lot of strain on the GPU and may cause overheating, even when idle. For GPUs from GTX 10 series onwards to RTX, it's safer and more efficient to stick with the Optimal setting.
I dont think thats the case. Leaving it at maximum performance does no harm.

Setting Threaded Optimization to ON and putting the game on Fullscreen seems to have worked for me in newer games in terms of performance.

In addition to the global performances, make sure to look up individual game settings thread for Nvidia control panel as they do more benefit for that specific game

To tell you the truth it doesnt really helpl with performance unless you are looking for very specific things like image upscalers or fps locking turning on V synch. Stuff like that.

if you are expecting noticeable fps gains, then you are in for disappointment.

I usually go with default settings for most things, and they're usually good enough. But I also like that you can tweak settings for each game, which helps deal with any unique quirks or needs without messing up the others. I don't really think there's a one-size-fits-all "best" setting—it's more about personal preference and what works best for each game.

Unless you have an obscure game that needs the tweaks, the default settings in there are already optimal.

From my experience there isnt any thing that particularly increases the performance in Nvidia Control Panel Setting but you can utilize the image upscaling to improve the image quality.
Superscaling

something not usually possible from in-game settings

I run the default settings mostly, and that's mostly good enough. And you can can have game specific settings, which works fine to deal with any game specific needs/quirks and leaves your other games alone.

Honestly it depends on your own prefrences. Everyone has their own best settings and it depends on the hardware you have . I suggest you try to understand these settings and set them accordingly. As what works for others may not necessarily work for you

A general list that i follow is
  • Image Sharpening: Off
  • Ambient Occlusion: Performance
  • Anisotropic Filtering: Application-controlled
  • Antialiasing - FXAA: Off
  • CUDA - GPUs: All
  • Low Latency Mode: Ultra (for competitive gaming) / Off (for casual gaming)
  • Max Frame Rate: Off (set a specific limit if needed for specific games)
  • OpenGL rendering GPU: Your GPU
  • Power Management Mode: Prefer maximum performance
  • Preferred Refresh Rate: Highest available
  • Shader Cache: On
  • Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimization: On
  • Texture Filtering - Quality: High performance
  • Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization: On
  • Threaded Optimization: Auto
  • Vertical Sync: Off (use in-game settings)