Official Ubisoft Admits Star Wars Outlaws Underperformed

LIONT4MER

Staff member
Ubisoft has admitted its open world Star Wars Outlaws has underperformed and announced a Steam release date alongside.

A financial update from Ubisoft announced a number of significant changes at the company including the delay of premiere title Assassin's Creed Shadows. This came alongside word that Star Wars Outlaws had a "softer than expected launch" and a November 21 release date for Steam.

"Despite solid ratings (Metacritic 76) and user scores across the First Party and Epic stores (3.9/5) that reflect an immersive and authentic Star Wars universe, Star Wars Outlaws initial sales proved softer than expected," Ubisoft said.

Source:

I wonder when they'll finally acknowledge that people are fed up with the same recycled formula being repackaged over and over. But I guess that day hasn't come yet. This press release feels so typically Ubisoft.

They must be thinking, wow, the game is amazing—just look at all the great reviews!

But we have no idea why no one bought it.

The stealth, combat, progression, and AI were all subpar, though the open world was decent. But an open world doesn’t mean much if the core gameplay elements aren’t up to scratch.

I feel like both shareholders and players were expecting a Far Cry or Assassin's Creed experience with a Star Wars twist, but it didn’t even deliver on that.

Ubisoft is a company that, while it once deserved praise, has now reached a point where it's time for them to shut down. Their focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) has led to their downfall. These AAA studios need to start selling off their assets quickly because they're beyond saving.