The First Descendant Hits 10 Million Players in First Week; Over 4,000 Game and Store Cheaters Perma-Banned in Seven Days

LIONT4MER

Staff member
2024-07-14 07_36_23-Window.jpg
Regardless of what you think of looter shooters, Nexon’s AAA entry in the genre, The First Descendants, is a confirmed hit, as the studio has announced that the game has already hit 10 million players in just the first seven days of availability!

The announcement was made on the official The First Descendant Twitter:

🎉 10 Million Descendants! 🎉
We’ve reached 10 million Descendants in just 7 days!
Thank you all for your tremendous support and love. It means everything to us.
We will do our best to bring you great experiences. Can’t wait to continue this journey together! pic.twitter.com/SsvcelMTsh
— The First Descendant (@FirstDescendant) July 12, 2024

Regardless if The First Descendant is a free-to-play game, 10 million players is nothing to scoff at. The game’s popularity is evident, as its subreddit has over 83, 000 members, and a few hundred are almost always online.

Of course, this being an online game, that means cheaters and toxic players will infest it somehow. Thankfully, Nexon is on the case, as over 3,400 accounts have been banned in just four days!

Detailed read: The First Descendant Hits 10 Million Players in First Week; Over 4,000 Game and Store Cheaters Perma-Banned in Seven Days

Well I honestly cant blame these guys, the prices for a lot of the items in this game is messed up
Thank God I'm only f2p in it so far because the itch for grind it cures is worth it for me after Destiny 2
True, no matter what anyone says, the gameplay loop is addictive as hell
Just unlocked Bunny and been using her since she decimates crowds for an easy farm XD

But yea, this game needs its MTX to survive, they CAN make it an optional thing like Warframe but only if they improve the trade economy and make the grind less tedious than it needs to be

Reactions: Bob
True, no matter what anyone says, the gameplay loop is addictive as hell
Just unlocked Bunny and been using her since she decimates crowds for an easy farm XD

But yea, this game needs its MTX to survive, they CAN make it an optional thing like Warframe but only if they improve the trade economy and make the grind less tedious than it needs to be
Debeateable but all i ll say is that even with an addictive gameplay loop, you'd still want to keep a refreshing grind instead of having to countless hours just to unlock a new character

I don't mind it, but as someone with friends who struggled to play it after learning about the endgame grind, its hard to convince them to keep playing lol

I hope other game companies learn from them, there are so many hackers in Apex now, i've left the game. makes the experience so much worse. 3400 accounts in 4 days is good, looks like they are keeping a good eye on hackers

apart from the similarities between destiny 2, i liked this game and being a free to play game where every new game is coming with a shocking price tag. I liked it and it makes full sense 10 Mill in one week....... wow

Good on them for doing that but with OS MANY MTX shit they have, might just do a sale to do some justice for players orrr... better yet give us some freebie rewards every now and then, just saying tho as casual player

3400+ is wild, thought it'd be more considering the game has that aesthetic to cater to Korean and Chinese markets, but hey the playerbase is still high on this game, just wish the economy was better in the endgame since unlocking more than 2 descendants becomes a fatigue-inducing chore