Suggestions The Best Stance to Use in Black Myth Wukong

Smash Stance is still effective in most situations, especially in one-on-one battles and when you're familiar with the enemy's attack patterns, I too used it 70 percent of the game like u buddy

Reactions: Surprising62
Smash used to be my favorite for dealing damage, but I've noticed that with many bosses, the range on thrust stance works way better. I played around with Pillar for a bit since it was fun hanging back and hitting people with the staff, but honestly, it’s not as effective as it seems.

All of them are really good. Two of the three tough bosses can be easily handled with charged heavy thrust stance attacks.

The smash charged heavy is a lifesaver for exploration, letting you charge in and start every fight with a level 3 charged heavy. This is often enough to one-shot many enemies, and if it doesn’t, it staggers them, giving you the chance to land a full combo.

Pillar stance is probably the hardest to find a use for, but when it works, it really works. There are many attacks where the best response is a pillar heavy. Plus, a lot of bosses are vulnerable to its versatile combo.

I enjoy switching between all the stances. Once you unlock certain skills from the skill tree, you can use mid-combo heavy attacks to mix up your combos.

I’ve enjoyed all the options, but I’m really leaning towards thrust now in Chapter 4. I used to rely on smash early on, but it’s the hardest charge attack to land. The range on the other two is way more useful.

For a while, I was using pillar a lot because I had a staff that boosted its damage, and it was super fun, though it didn’t hit as hard. Then I got the spear and respec’d into thrust, and I haven’t looked back. It feels like the best of both worlds—great range on the heavy attacks and powerful hits.

Once you unlock the heavy follow-up, the Pillar Varied combo becomes a great AoE option. Plus, it staggers bosses pretty effectively. Usually, your first two light attacks stagger, but the third and fourth don’t, so you end up canceling them. However, using two light attacks followed by the Pillar Varied combo tends to work better, landing solid damage, especially with the follow-up.