The Best Demons in Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance

Ghost

Veteran
Just bought the game on Steam after waiting ages for it and this will be my first SMT game so please can anyone help me out on what the best demons I should be focusing to get in my first playthrough? and is the game challenging that you need to get these demons at all?

Yoo! So idk any of the new demons added with Vengeance but here are the best ones I used in the base game of SMT 5 on my Nintendo Switch:
  • Oni (Can tank dmg since high Vit and HP plus he can resist Phy attacks)
  • Demeter (amazing healer)
  • Fionn (best crit physical)
  • Zeus/Baal (the best electric damage demons)
These were the ones I liked the most in my team comp most of the time

Idun
The best demon for beating Demi-Fiend solely because of how her golden apple is absolutely nuts especially against secret bosses like Demi Fiend

Well before you get any of the best demons in SMT 5 Vengeance at all, don't forget to build Nahobino alongside them because he's ofc your MC and has some amazing builds for endgame

Megami Artemis with Ziobarion and Bufubarion
If u can add Null Fire to cover up her weaknesses.

I gave her the following skills: Astral Saintstrike, Ziobarion, Bufubarion, Phys Pleroma, Critical Zealot, Murderous Glee, Enduring Soul and ofcourse, Null Fire.

Theres youtuber that i found called RozalinGaming, I like his guides as he gives good guides with all pros and cons