Official Silent Hill 2 Remake To Include 60FPS Performance Mode On PS5

Megan

Seasoned
Staff member
Silent Hill is an iconic horror franchise that has been neglected for many years. Fortunately, Bloober Team and Konami are finally reviving the series in what appears to be a solid recreation of the survival horror title.

Silent Hill 2 Remake arrives this October, and it looks better than ever in the latest story trailer. Following recent previews, a 60FPS mode for this remake has also been confirmed.

Why it matters:
Silent Hill 2 Remake is based on Unreal Engine 5. This engine can push consoles to their limits, and we have previously seen games running on the technology limited to 30FPS on consoles.

Full read:
Silent Hill 2 Remake To Include 60FPS Performance Mode On PS5

Thats Great, I love Horror games and movies so much and I'm excited for this remake now after seeing the recent positive previews

Yeah I wasnt gonna be able to play this at 30fps or even a 40fps balanced mode for that matter, glad they were able to optimize it that much, now I just hope the performance doesnt drag even tho it says 60 on the box

been waiting so long for this game. wasn't the remake announced like back in 2022 ?? but so far I'm hyped for it and 60 should be the norm now

I really hope they add a VR mode in the future! The performance of the 60 fps would be best for it. Just imagine how scary Silent Hill 2 would be in VR

Silent Hill 2 had one of the best soundtracks. I hope they remaster it along with the visuals Dadding 60FPS will enhance the atmosphere.

So, does 60 FPS mean that the graphics will be turned down???
"the game uses dynamic resolution to achieve its 60FPS mode. However, this mode depicts various frame rate drops, though these could be patched out by October."

They are using dynamic resolution, so the quality might remain the same while the resolution changes. Hopefully, this won't affect the overall quality.