Discussion Silent Hill 2 Remake Length “Around 16-18 Hours,” All Classic Endings From Original Confirmed, Various Changes Explained

SpartaN

Administrator
Staff member
Those looking forward to the remake of Silent Hill 2, we have some good news for you! Developer Bloober Team has confirmed that the Silent Hill 2 remake length to complete is around 16-18 hours long, and that number hikes up even more if you factor in the secrets and the game’s different endings.

This was confirmed by the horror game’s Creative Director and Lead Designer Mateusz Lenart over on Twitter in answering fans.

First playthrough is around 16-18 hours avarage 🙂
— Mateusz Lenart (@Mateusz_Lenart_) August 19, 2024

Lenart adds that for completionists, it will take 20 hours and that’s not even counting the game’s different endings, which he even hinted at with the emojis (no spoilers, please).

If you like to spent your time searching for everything that we put into the game and things we’ve hidden for you, it will take you more than 20h for sure 👀! I’m not couting the new game plus and all endings of course. I’m curious how fast will you get all of them👽🐕🚸💧🕯👱‍♀️
— Mateusz Lenart (@Mateusz_Lenart_) August 20, 2024

Speaking of endings, Lenart confirms that ALL the endings from the original are in the remake (if the emojis didn’t confirm it for you), which should please fans a lot.

All classic endings have been confirmed to be in the remake 🙂
— Mateusz Lenart (@Mateusz_Lenart_) August 20, 2024

In terms of changes to gameplay and design, Lenart talks about it as well, with one of the specifics being the game’s first save point, and how they changed its placement.

The beginning of the game was especially important to us during production. We wanted to capture that unique atmosphere from the original and the symbolic feeling of stepping into another world. 🌫️
This is the place where, for the first time in the game, the player can save… x.com
— Mateusz Lenart (@Mateusz_Lenart_) August 22, 2024

Full details here:

I have to give credit where it's due—Bloober’s latest trailer has me feeling hopeful that they’re going to nail this. I really hope it sells well, and that Konami lets them make another one, because it seems like they truly understand what makes a Silent Hill game, well, Silent Hill.

I still have the demo disc from the official PlayStation magazine that featured the Silent Hill trailer. The guitar tune was amazing, and I couldn’t wait for the game to come out.

I've criticized Bloober quite a bit, but if they pull this off like it looks they will, they’ve earned my respect! This seems like it’s going to be amazing

I’d really love a remake of Silent Hill 4. It's still the most unsettling and terrifying game in the series for me.

The setting got way more hate than it deserved when it first came out. While Silent Hill 2 has my favorite story, Silent Hill 4 is hands down my favorite game in the series