Leak PS5 Pro Was An Open Secret At Gamescom

Absalon

Seasoned
Staff member
Wccftech has heard similar to Multiplayer (from yesterday) around developers delaying games for the Pro at Gamescom.

"In a recent live stream, the Italian website Multiplayer mentioned that it had heard from a developer that they had delayed their game due to the upcoming launch of the PS5 Pro. I can confirm that I heard something similar during one of my appointments at Gamescom 2024."

"Without even being prodded by me at all, a developer that I won't name openly said they had received the specs of the PS5 Pro and were confident that Unreal Engine 5 would run much better on the new hardware compared to the regular PlayStation 5. Considering the circumstances revealed by Multiplayer, I'm positive this is not the same developer they talked to. Moreover, the studio I heard it from is not at all a big one, which makes it clear the hardware's specifications and details are already in the hands of a large number of game makers."

image_2024-08-26_142644484.png

Source: PS5 Pro Was an Open Secret at Gamescom 2024

Source 2:

I'm pretty sure the Pro and the base PS5 will need to have the same game releases. You can't have a title that's only available on the Pro. So, delaying the game seems a bit odd, unless they’re using the extra time to work on a Pro-specific patch.

I really hope the release of the Pro doesn’t become an excuse for developers to skip 60fps on the base PS5 and only offer it on the Pro due to its extra power. I could see Sony being okay with this as a way to encourage people to upgrade, giving them something concrete to advertise instead of just saying "about 1.5x the detail and 1.6x more hairs on a character's face."