Leak PS5 Pro Leaked Benchmarks

Sphinx

Staff member
An unnamed developer sent Moore's Law is Dead early test footage comparing a game running on both the base PS5 and PS5 Pro.
  • Base PS5:
    • Game runs at dynamic resolution: 1080p-1600p.
    • Uses medium to high settings.
    • Frame rate ranges between 45-60 FPS.
  • PS5 Pro:
    • Dynamic resolution: 1600p-2160p.
    • Runs at max settings without PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution.
    • Locked 60 FPS, no drops.
    • Developer exploring 4K resolution and 120 Hz modes for the future.
  • Additional PS5 Pro details:
    • Option for 8K resolution (confirmed only for Gran Turismo 7 so far).
    • 1.2 GB extra RAM via Memory System Efficiency.
    • Bandwidth increase exceeds 28%.
    • High CPU Frequency Mode offers 10% more CPU power with a minimal 1.5% GPU reduction.

It seems like the general feedback from developers (though the sample size is just one) and tech reviewers like DF and NXGamer is mostly positive. I’d bet as more games confirm different performance modes and those channels dive deeper into their analysis, people will begin to see the reason behind its existence.

Not sure why I believe this, but it feels like the benefit is more than just the advertised performance boost. It’s even greater than the raw increase in processing units suggests.

The Pro will probably sell really well in about a year when they bundle it with discs for $600-$650. I’m getting it on day one, but honestly, most people would be better off waiting if they’ve already played through most of their games. I can’t wait to jump into FF7 Rebirth and FF16 on the Pro.