Discussion PS5 New UI Update Also Brought Ads You Can’t Turn Off and Unwanted Forced News Feed to Select Titles

LIONT4MER

Staff member
Just this month, Sony rolled out a new PS5 system firmware update that introduced the Welcome Hub alongside other features. One of good things about the Welcome Hub is that players can customize what they see in it, and you can even configure preferences that will prevent ads from showing up.

However, it seems there is a limitation to that, as even if you opt out of ads, you will still see various news related items cluttering your dashboard that are either ads, or basically what Sony wants you to see.

Based on our testing, it indeed does happen. One example is Horizon, and hovering over it shows an ad for LEGO Horizon Adventures:

ps5-welcome-hub-ad.jpg

Full details:

Yeah I noticed this with my recent games, hopefully they fix it, all my singleplayer games now look like blatant advertising materials when I hover over them now

My copy of Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth had Danny Trejos reaction video to the game, dont know if I should laugh or be poker faced about it lol