Official Palworld will not change to free to play model, dev claims

LIONT4MER

Staff member
Palworld developer Pocketpair has claimed that it won’t be making the game free-to-play, or changing the game’s model to games as a service.

Last week, Pocketpair CEO Takuro Mizobe speculated about the future of the game.

“When you think about it from a business perspective, making it a live-service game would extend its lifespan and make it more stable in terms of profitability,” Mizobe said (as translated by Automaton).

“However, the game was not initially designed with that approach in mind, so there would be many challenges involved in taking it down the live-service path.”

Now, following some fan backlash, the developer has reassured players that it doesn’t plan to change the game’s model.

Source:

Well its reassuring to hear that they're (Surprisingly) not going the GaaS route for this game, hope it gains back the popularity it once had or a fraction of it

The real issue here is greed.
Just finish the game fully from early access, and people will buy it.

Create actually worth it expansions, and they’ll buy those too.
Then, make a new game, and people will gladly purchase that as well, simple tbh

How about finishing the game and moving it out of early access first? I know it has great reviews, but I, like many others, want to play a fully completed game.
There are still plenty of us ready to buy once it's actually finished (myself and a few of my friends included)

Turning it into a live service model would honestly push me away from purchasing it.

They're not getting a steady stream of revenue is their problem rn ig
It's not like their devs are able to eat and pay bills with thumbs up and likes.

BTW, I hate most Live service game models