Official Palworld Devs Have Issued A Statement Aganist Nintendo's Lawsuit

Absalon

Seasoned
Staff member
We have received notice of this lawsuit and will begin the appropriate legal proceedings and investigations into the claims of patent infringement.

It is truly unfortunate that we will be forced to allocate significant time to matters unrelated to game development due to this lawsuit.

image_2024-09-20_022920894.png

Source: Wario64

Parents on game mechanics is lame as shit. Monolith patenting their Nemesis system was just selfish imo. We could have a bunch of games trying to incorporate persistent enemies but instead the idea is trapped in 2 old games. It's not doing anything but freezing the evolution of gaming just so they have the option of using it down the track. Lame if you ask me. Hope Palworld devs get the win. Nintendo doesn't need a win here.

Copyright infringement is one thing, but claiming patent infringement (and the existence of game design patents) is almost always predatory in game development.

I hate how patent and copyright laws push companies to become overly aggressive and litigious. It’s frustrating to see a company let an IP rot while making sure no one else can make good games either. I really hope Nintendo loses this case because it’s absurd. I don’t understand how a game like this gets targeted while Dragon Quest Monsters is fine.

Sony announcing a joint venture to expand the Palworld IP definitely has nothing to do with it, right? I’m sure Sony having their own Pokémon competitor isn’t at all a threat to "Nintendon’t."