Octopath Traveler 2 Headed to Xbox in June

eXtas1s

[Credible Leaker]
eXputer has learned through sources who wish to remain anonymous that Square Enix's Octopath Traveler 2 is arriving on Xbox Series X|S this month, though the exact date couldn't be confirmed.

It's going to be a day-one Xbox Game Pass game, along with the franchise's first game (Octopath Traveler), which could also be added to the subscription service as well.

For those who missed it: One of the major announcements of last year's Tokyo Game Show was Octopath Traveler 2's Xbox and PC release. At the time, the devs signaled an "early 2024" release window.

Bringing a Japanese game to the Gamepass ecosystem after firing the only studio that could've exclusively made one for them.

Not really a fan of the original, and this one doesn't really feel that different when it comes to mechanics. However, it is cool that Xbox is bringing new games to players on day one.

The original was close to being a masterpiece for me and I'm astounded that not many people know about it let alone experienced it. People should really give this one a go.

Octopath Traveler 2 is an absolutely amazing JRPG, coming from someone who was waiting for it go bigger on the Steam Sales, I cant wait to play this easily now via gamepass on my ROG Ally baybee lessgoo

Great to start to my morning lol. first the news of the Yakuza show adaptation and now Octopath Traveler 2 arriving to GP
Ugh, wish I ended the first one tho