Official Nintendo ends repair support for New Nintendo 3DS

Megan

Seasoned
Staff member
Nintendo has announced that it has ended its repair support for the New Nintendo 3DS, citing a lack of parts.

The repair service, which Nintendo has maintained for all of its hardware long after their general sale ended, allows users to submit their consoles to Nintendo for either repair using official parts, or replacement hardware.

The company announced in March that once replacement parts for the Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 2DS XL, and the New Nintendo 3DS had been depleted, the repair service for the machines would end. This time has now come for the New Nintendo 3DS system, Nintendo has announced.

Source:

Thats sad man, Im glad game preservation is still a thing in today's many communities but for Nintendo itself doing this is just sad, oh well they did close up the eshop on 3ds too so I'm not really too surprised by this

Reactions: Aztecloud
Cant help it ig, technology is moving forward but by bit but I appreciate Nintendo held off as long as they did here until the replacement parts ran out lol

Unfortunate news, thankfully plenty of amazing third party repair guys and gals out there who re doing the community a favor and even teaching people to do it too

Still have my 3DS XL with me jailbroken, such a magnificent console man, Im glad its preservation is still alive and well