Rumor More Gaming Handhelds Are On The Way Via Tom Henderson

So, what does this mean? Is it a new Nintendo Switch or handheld device? A new version of the Steam Deck? Is Microsoft venturing into the handheld market? Or could it be PlayStation finally getting their handheld right this time?

It's wild to see how often Nintendo sets trends that others follow. They might not always be the first to come up with new ideas, but they often lead the way. Handheld gaming with the Switch, motion controls with the Wii, and making touchscreens mainstream with the DS long before smartphones made them commonplace—it's impressive how influential they've been.

Looks like the Xbox handheld rumor was accurate. The big question now is whether it will use AMD technology or if Microsoft will reveal a custom ARM chip for their consumer products.

I’m excited to see the Xbox OS running natively on a handheld—it could easily surpass Steam OS.

I’d say he's probably referring to both Sony and Microsoft’s handhelds, and maybe hinting at the Strix Point or Strix Halo Low Power handhelds. Personally, I’d definitely jump into the handheld PC scene if either of those were released.