Official Monster Hunter: Wilds will Support Crossplay, but isn’t coming to Nintendo Switch

Megan

Seasoned
Staff member
It could be a piece of disappointing news for Nintendo Switch users. Capcom has confirmed Monster Hunter: Wilds will support cross-platform play, but it plans to not port it to portable platforms – including Nintendo Switch. The reason is the hardware limitations.

This information on the upcoming objects comes from Capcom’s general meeting of shareholders, which answers the question – ‘Will this game be limited to these non-portable consoles?’.

Full read: Monster Hunter: Wilds will Support Crossplay, but isn't coming to Nintendo Switch

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, doesnt sound surprising to me, their capcom ID thing for crossplay in their newer games was to be expected here
wish it was in Dragons Dogma 2 tho for the pawns

It could be a piece of disappointing news for Nintendo Switch users. Capcom has confirmed Monster Hunter: Wilds will support cross-platform play, but it plans to not port it to portable platforms – including Nintendo Switch. The reason is the hardware limitations.

This information on the upcoming objects comes from Capcom’s general meeting of shareholders, which answers the question – ‘Will this game be limited to these non-portable consoles?’.

Full read: Monster Hunter: Wilds will Support Crossplay, but isn't coming to Nintendo Switch
Lol why would it be on switch???? its a next-gen entry to the Monster Hunter franchise
Let them go hard with the presentation instead of being stuck on a shitty hardware

And yet here I am wishing they could MAYBE? drop a watered down switch version? partly because my girlfriend uses the switch to play games, welp guess its time she got a steam deck or PC then