Rumor Monster Hunter Wilds May Be Locked To 30 FPS

Sphinx

Staff member
A new finding suggests that Monster Hunter Wilds is limited to only 30 FPS on consoles. The content creator, @MH_Canta on Twitter, got their hands on a PS5 demo of the title at an event held by Capcom, allowing for their first hands-on experience. During the testing, Canta found that it only ran at a stable 30 FPS and did not reach the 60 FPS threshold. Moreover, there were no options to change to performance mode anywhere in the demo.

image_2024-08-22_201117113.png

Link: Monster Hunter Wilds May Only Be Limited To 30 FPS On Consoles

It's great that it’s launching on PC the same day as consoles. The downside, though, is that it probably won’t be well-optimized for PC, just like what we saw with Dragon’s Dogma 2.

I remember MHFU holding pretty steady at 30fps too. Recently, I went back to MHGU on the Switch for that classic Monster Hunter feel, and I was able to enjoy it at 30fps without freaking out about it.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 didn’t have a solid fps cap at launch, and it shipped with uncapped fps as far as I know.

Isn’t this game coming out much later, though? It’s using the same engine, but Dragon’s Dogma 2 was really demanding on the CPU, which is a big issue for consoles. This new game might not have that same problem.