Official Microsoft Lays Off Around 650 Employees

Sphinx

Staff member
The cuts will primarily impact staffers in “corporate and supporting functions,” per Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer.

“For the past year, our goal has been to minimize disruption while welcoming new teams and enabling them to do their best work,” Spencer said in an email to staff Thursday,

“As part of aligning our post-acquisition team structure and managing our business, we have made the decision to eliminate approximately 650 roles across Microsoft Gaming—mostly corporate and supporting functions—to organize our business for long term success.”

image_2024-09-12_185002381.png

I’m curious what those who were celebrating the merger and criticizing the FTC think now. Is this still considered a win for the future of gaming?

I think I can safely say the real victims here are us, the gamers. Now we have to wait forever for all the new games Microsoft promised, like Fable, Gears of War Origins, and Perfect Dark. How are we supposed to survive without these games?

Why hasn’t Phil Spencer been fired? His leadership has led to all of this mess. I seriously don’t understand how he still holds his position after mismanaging the brand so badly.