Official Marvel Fans React to Robert Downey Jr's Shocking Return as Doctor Doom | SDCC 2024

SpartaN

Administrator
Staff member
images.jpeg

Robert Downey Jr. was officially unmasked as Doctor Victor von Doom at Marvel's Comic-Con panel on Saturday, and fans were predictably stunned. Both Doctor Doom and Jonathan Majors, who was officially replaced as the MCU's big bad, trended worldwide after the big announcement.

"RDJ Doom is either the most creatively bankrupt decision ever or it's going to be the coolest sh*t we've ever seen," one fan wrote on the Reddit megathread.

Fans expressed shock or simply posted-mind-blown emojis on Twitter and elsewhere, while others debated the significance of this reveal. Is this a multiverse Tony Stark? Or someone else entirely? Downey Jr's cryptic quote offered a hint: "New mask, same task."

Full read:

RDJ is the face of Marvel. After Iron Man in Endgame, I had a feeling that he'll come back, maybe from another universe, but I wasn't expecting this

everywhere i go i see Harvey Dent's dialogue "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"
and it makes perfect sense in MCU now lol

Thanos told Tony that he's not the only one cursed with knowledge, and Doctor Doom is a major character in MC. if you see what he is capable of it makes sense.
WHAT IF?? Dr Doom is a version of Tony Stark

What happened to Avengers: The Kang Dynasty??????
yup it was canceled. Marvel decided to take a safer route because of the Jonathan Majors situation, and I think this could be a good decision. Kang was a major part of the movies, and they showed what he's capable of, but with LOKI season 2, I think Kang is managed. They can now focus on introducing new characters.