Official iOS versions of Resident Evil 4, 7 and Village now need an online connection at startup

Megan

Seasoned
Staff member
The iOS versions of Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil Village and the Resident Evil 4 remake now require an online connection at startup.

As reported on the iOS Gaming Reddit page (and spotted by Eurogamer), all three apps have received updates adding the new requirement.

All three apps have update notes reading: “Due to changes to the startup process, an internet connection is now required when starting this app.”

Although no reason has been given for Capcom as to why the games now need to connect online when they’re started up, some of the Reddit page’s users believe it may be a DRM check to avoid piracy.

Source:

Welp there goes playing this game without 4G or LTE or even offline for that matter lol

Not all that bad ig since most public places now have free wifi so I don't see why this is a huge deal for some peeps

Although no reason has been given for Capcom as to why the games now need to connect online when they’re started up, some of the Reddit page’s users believe it may be a DRM check to avoid piracy.
Fantastic, first DRM in my Steam bought games and now in the palm of my hand too