How To Sell Cars In Forza Horizon 5?

Hi yall. So I just got a few duplicate cars in my inventory and I wanna get rid of them (preferably for some cash.) But the only option I'm getting atm is to discard/remove from the garage entirely. Is there any way to sell these cars?Screenshot_3.jpg

Go to the Auction House and sell your car from there. Ofc, it's all on chance whether anyone buys your car or not, so try to keep a low price so more buyers pick you instead of anyone else selling the same thing.

This guide should give you some insight into how the auction house works: Auction House

1. Head to your house or any Horizon Festival
2. Go to the "Auction House" next to the "Autoshow"
3. Click on "Start Auction", select the car you wanna sell and set the price + how long you want the auction to run
4. Start the auction and wait for it to complete

If your car sells, you'll get a notification + the credits. If it doesn't, you can collect it anytime and then either put it back in the auction or gift it off to some random fella

Put your cars up on the Auction House.
Pro Tip: If you're not in an immediate hurry to sell, wait for a Festive Playlist event to come up which uses the car you're trying to sell, because car prices in the AH fluctuate depending on their current need, and if a car is needed for the Festive Playlist it gets a MASSIVE value bump

I used to play Forza Horizon 1 and 2 on my Xbox 360, those were the days but When I tried Forza Horizon 5, I spent hours looking for the sell car option like in the previous games. That is when i found out that you can only sell cars in auction and only when you play online. They should bring back the sell option in offline too but selling cars to real players is also fun. It makes the experience more real as another person gets to experience the car you one owned

If you are playing online you can follow these steps if you wish to sell your car
  1. Open the "Auction House" menu.
  2. Select the car you want to sell.
  3. Set a starting price and a buyout price.
  4. Choose the auction duration.
  5. Click "List Car" to put it up for auction.
  6. Other players can now bid on your car.
  7. If the auction ends without a buyer, you can relist the car or sell it for the starting price.
But remember you can only sell cars that are in your garage and you must have enough space in your garage to sell a car and keep in mind that selling cars in Forza Horizon 5 will only give you credits and you won't be able to get the car back once it's sold

Hi yall. So I just got a few duplicate cars in my inventory and I wanna get rid of them (preferably for some cash.) But the only option I'm getting atm is to discard/remove from the garage entirely. Is there any way to sell these cars?View attachment 151
If you're in the market for a car, I highly suggest using services like https://www.faxvin.com/license-plate-lookup/missouri to check the license plate and get a full history of the vehicle. This service gives you access to crucial details such as accident records, previous ownership, and any hidden issues that might not be immediately apparent. Having this information can save you from potential headaches down the road, helping you make an informed decision when purchasing a car. Whether you're buying from a dealership or a private seller, I think everyone here will find this tool incredibly useful in ensuring you're getting a reliable vehicle. It's a smart step to take before making any major investment!
check if there's an auction house or marketplace feature where you can list cars for sale to other players. If not, discarding might be your only option, unfortunately!

Last edited: