How to prepare for Shadows of the Erd Tree?

Starkk1

Elite
Its been years since I last played, so for those who play it regularly what are the strategies you are following ahead of Shadows of the Erd Tree's launch.

Well obviously the first thing you need to do is to beat the Mohg, The Lord of Blood. You will find him Mohgwyn Palace which can be travelled to via the portal in Consecrated Snowfield. You'll need Dectus Medallions to access the region.

image_2024-06-14_220641959.png

Secondly practice around with some of the game's toughest foes. If main bosses are dead, explore other mini dungeons and fight the bosses to get back in shape. Explore other weapon types and get affilated with them; so that you can learn their know how as well. Who knows what kinda weapons you might find in the DLC.

Lastly make sure you have Bloodhound Step. I have a feeling it might come in hand

Well obviously the first thing you need to do is to beat the Mohg, The Lord of Blood. You will find him Mohgwyn Palace which can be travelled to via the portal in Consecrated Snowfield. You'll need Dectus Medallions to access the region.

View attachment 178

Secondly practice around with some of the game's toughest foes. If main bosses are dead, explore other mini dungeons and fight the bosses to get back in shape. Explore other weapon types and get affilated with them; so that you can learn their know how as well. Who knows what kinda weapons you might find in the DLC.

Lastly make sure you have Bloodhound Step. I have a feeling it might come in hand
You missed that you need to beat general Radhan too to access Shadow of the Erd Tree.

He is found in Redmane Castle and can be fought after triggering the Festival of Radhan. I triggers after you've reached Altus Plateu and talked to Ranni in Rena's Rise.