How to get Strange Coins in Destiny 2 The Final Shape

NyxonEnzo

Master
Saw some active Destiny 2 players here and was wondering if you guys can help me out where to get the Strange Coins for Xur since his rework now has u getting items via Strange Coins, I currently have 12 ish, is there any way to farm more?? please let me know, I'm a returning player

You can mostly farm Strange Coins via the following ritual activities in Destiny 2:
  • Vanguard Playlist
  • Crucible
  • Gambit
  • Onslaught
  • Trials
You get like 2-4 strange coins per activity completion, and I honestly recommend either crucible or Strikes, depends which one u prefer. I like crucible more since you can also do special modes like Mayhem whose matches complete quickly

I did a few farming runs of the Warden of Nothing Nightfall this week on master with my clanmates, managed to get like 3 to 4 strange coins per run
Yeah Nightfall seems the best way rn, not really a fan of PVP aside from maybeee doing a couple of matches if my sanity is intact lol

View attachment 181
Did a few crucible matches and nightfalls with my friends and go upwards of 40 Strange coins, not that tedious to farm IMO if you play daily, u should have a lot by the time Xur comes on Friday
I just visited Xur today, is there really any point of farming them? I have all the exotic catalysts at least the ones he's showing rn, ig they re made for super new players

Reactions: Ace_the_Cayde66
Yeah Nightfall seems the best way rn, not really a fan of PVP aside from maybeee doing a couple of matches if my sanity is intact lol

I just visited Xur today, is there really any point of farming them? I have all the exotic catalysts at least the ones he's showing rn, ig they re made for super new players
If Xur's inventory doesnt seem enticing, just spend your strange coins on masterwork cores or any materials ur lacking, that's what I did and will do so

Reactions: LIONT4MER

No point really UNLESS you're REALLY short on them, then if u have some spare time, just run any of those ritual activities to gather some before he comes by on the weekend

Out of all the options, i think the best way is to complete crucible. You get 4 strange coins if you win and 2 if you lose. Keep in mind that there is a cap that you can only hold 99 coins at a time so you should spend them wisely.