Discussion Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered dev shuts down claims new release looks worse than PS4 original

LIONT4MER

Staff member
One of the most disappointing announcements at the most recent PlayStation State of Play was undoubtedly the reveal of Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered. Announced before the awesome-looking Ghost of Yotei, the paid remaster received much criticism from fans.

However, some social media users have used an image comparison to push the story that the new remaster is graphically inferior to the PS4 original. In response, a developer for the new PS5 game has pushed back.

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered vs PS4​

Responding to an image comparison on Twitter, studio and art director at Guerilla Games, Jan-Bart van Beek criticised the viral comparison. The developer explained the new remaster has multiple improvements over its PlayStation 4 original and that the comparison was misleading.

“We brought over Aloy’s model from Forbidden West. We also reworked the character lighting to match the look of HFW and improve skin tones. Hair shaders are also improved,” the developer explained. “The slight blurring you see between PS4 and PS5 is because the PS4 image here has motion blur turned off.”

Full article and credits:

This looks amazing! One of the turn-offs of HZD was the weird animations and dialogue intonations outside of cut-scenes.

Any chance you folks fixed those with new Mocap and Voice clips? Nonetheless, I am definitely gonna get the remaster for and in anticipation of the ps5 pro.

I dont like the game but one thing that is huge for me is the re recording of conversations with mocap.

The interactions, and I'm sorry to say this, were horrible. But with this I'm sure they'll look so good! That helps out with immersion imo