Official Horizon Zero Dawn Price Doubled After Remaster Announcement

Sphinx

Staff member
First spotted by GamePittReviews and verified by Insider Gaming, Sony has quietly raised the price of Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition on the PlayStation Store. For the better part of the last six years, the game had been $19.99/£15.99 on the PlayStation Store. However, as of September 25, the price has jumped up to $39.99/£34.99 on the store, doubling its cost.

image_2024-09-26_211611695.png

I bought the physical copy about 3 months ago for like $10. If you're looking for a cheap way to get the remaster, that's probably the way to do it

I don't get why they are wasting their resources remastering a game that is not even a decade old and still holds up graphically instead of making another game. I get that they have been butchering the story from the start but they still deliver on a great world and game mechanics.

Lmao.

Game doesn't need a remaster it looks fantastic. Guess Sony knows that too and doesn't want you buying the old version that looks just as good.

Looks like it was done to prevent people from just getting the OG and upgrading afterwards, rendering the remaster pointless.

So it would be beneficial to find a cheap physical copy somewhere and upgrade that way.