Interview "Hi-Fi Rush 2 Won't Make Any Money, Tango Will Focus On New IPS" Says Krafton CEO

Sphinx

Staff member
"We can't acquire Tango Gameworks based on their financials or their numbers, right? We don't think Hi-Fi Rush 2 is going to make us money, to be frank. But it's part of our attempt. We have to keep trying [to develop games] in the spirit of challenge-taking.
Tango Gameworks are creative. They want to try something new, and we want to do more of that

image_2024-09-20_015638180.png

Source 1: 'We don't think Hi-Fi Rush 2 is going to make us money:' Krafton CEO says Tango Gameworks acquisition is about legacy

Source 2: Wario64

I'm also really disappointed that they didn’t continue with other franchises, especially The Evil Within. I loved that series and was really hoping for a third game.

Yeah, sadly, that's probably true. I remember when the game was ported to PS5, and the numbers showed barely anyone bought it. It makes me really concerned about how well the sequel might do.

The problem with that kind of thinking is great nothing wrong with it. But it has been tried so many times in the past and the majority of games like hi-fi rush simply don’t have mass appeal and fail to make the money that games like call of duty make. So they do layoffs and closures.

Hi-Fi Rush is game of the year quality, and I'm convinced it would have been a massive success if it hadn't been shadow dropped.