Discussion HBO Gave Kaitlyn Dever Extra Security While Filming The Last of Us Due to Toxicity Surrounding Abby

Megan

Seasoned
Staff member
lastofus-abby-blogroll-2-1704759424545.jpg

Kaitlyn Dever, who plays Abby in the upcoming second season of HBO's The Last of Us, had additional protection during filming due to the toxicity surrounding her character.

Speaking on the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Dina actress Isabel Merced said the team at HBO believed there could be an increased risk due to the toxicity surrounding Abby. Some members of The Last of Us community have expressed hatred for the character and harassed and sent death threats to Laura Bailey, who played Abby in the video game.

"There's so many strange people in this world because there are people that actually genuinely hate Abby, who is not a real person. Just a reminder: Not a real person," Merced asserted before mentioning the additional precautions on set. "Kaitlyn had to be extra secured by security when it came to the filming of this."

Source: HBO Gave Kaitlyn Dever Extra Security While Filming The Last of Us Due to Toxicity Surrounding Abby - IGN

Awful to hear, gamers have the worst forms of toxicity ever man
going after actresses is not ok, after the character sure but jesus christs ur IN FUCKING HUMANE for going after real people for a freaking played performance man

People need to get a life man, this is absurd to hear that she needs to be careful with her role but doesn't surprise me with what fans did to poor Laura Bailey man

Fuck the last of us' haters
I loved Abby and looking forward to season 2 even more, these people need to seek therapy and possibly a parental figure

Not the biggest fan of the last of us or even the second game but this is just wrong on soo many levels man
I feel sad for the actress, I hope she knocks the role out of the park tho