Official God of War Ragnarok on PC Gets Review Bombed Hours Upon Release by Gamers Due to PSN Account Requirement, Though Oddly Is Only Randomly Forcing It

SpartaN

Administrator
Staff member
God of War Ragnarok is officially out on PC, opening to a stream of gamers on a whole new platform for the very first time. While the PC release is every bit of a masterpiece like it was with the PS5 version, but with more features to take advantage of, not all is well, at least on Steam, as players have begun review-bombing God of War Ragnarok all due to an apparent PSN account requirement.

(Editor’s Note: Title updated for better clarity)

God of War Ragnarok’s Apparent PSN Requirement on PC has PC Players Riled Up.​

Though the news of God of War Ragnarok requiring a PSN account on PC to play is something that has been announced by Sony before, that hasn’t stopped PC players from voicing their criticism of the requirement in the form of review bombing. Over on Steam, God for War Ragnarok currently sits at a 64% player recommendation, with countless reviews referring to the requirement for their low rating.

Source: God of War Ragnarok on PC Gets Review Bombed Hours Upon Release by Gamers Due to PSN Account Requirement, Though Oddly Is Only Randomly Forcing It

I’ll need to set up another account since I got the first God of War on Steam and loved it, without needing a PSN account.
Even though this is just a minor inconvenience, it limits the regions where the game can be sold. I don't understand why they would restrict a game already available on Steam... sigh

Don't know why playstation is pursuing this pc strategy for their single player games seems more trouble than it's worth. They just bitch and moan and pirate their games, playstation should stop all together.

I've seen a lot of reviews where people are struggling just to create accounts right now. On top of that, some are completely locked out of the game due to regional restrictions. For a single-player game, having these hurdles seems totally unnecessary.

And this issue isn't limited to Sony. Many other game launchers face similar complaints. There's no reason to open one launcher just to be forced into using another.

I'd like to know why its necessary to have a psn account for the pc version of these games and also why its such a big deal for pc players to make one, oh welp