Official God of War Ragnarok is Being Review-bombed Amidst Sony's PSN requirements.

Gwenievre

Seasoned
Staff member
Now here’s the kicker: While the game does ask players to create a PSN account to play, it is not happening to everyone. Based on our own testing, you can play it without it, and this has been echoed by other games as well.

image_2024-09-21_040705365.png

That doesn’t show up when i’m playing. You can play God of War: Ragnarok without signing in PSN. #GodOfWarRagnarokPc x.com pic.twitter.com/wedd2t4LVb
— Havi – The one true Dark Lord (@GMC_Reviews) September 19, 2024
Idk mine didn’t ask me that, and maybe that’s why my name appears as “Player” instead of My game tag 🙃
— Manan Kateshiya (@MananKateshiya) September 19, 2024

However, some gamers are not able to bypass it, while some can. Here’s a discussion on-going on the game’s Steam page:

image_2024-09-21_040827629.png

The stream mentioned is here in case you want to see it for yourself.

Report: God of War Ragnarok on PC Gets Review Bombed Hours Upon Release by Gamers Due to PSN Account Requirement, Though Oddly Is Only Randomly Forcing It

How is this "Review Bombed" when it is people reacting to an unpopular Sony policy? It is getting bad reviews and rightly so.

If you can’t buy it then just pirate it. Morally it’s fine. If you have no legal way of obtaining it, then piracy is the only option left. Doing so just hits home to Sony of the amount of sales they have left on the table, possibly totalling hundreds of thousands if not millions. Don’t downvote, just vote in the way that hurts them the most

I understand the annoyance, but this was a known requirement before releaseAlso shows the continuing issue with a binary review system. I just want to know if the game is fun and playable.