FromSoftware Devs “Want A Bloodborne PC Port,” Hidetaka Miyazaki Confirms

Absalon

Elite
"I know for a fact these guys want a Bloodborne PC port. If I say I want one, I’ll get in trouble as well. But it’s nothing I’m opposed to,” said Hidetaka Miyazaki

image_2024-06-20_203950763.png

"I think any game like that, it’d be nice to have an opportunity for more players to be able to experience that and relive this relic of the past. So as far as I’m concerned, that’s definitely not something I’d be opposed to

Full Report

MAN what's stopping them now

either they have been cooking something (sony) or they just dont want to put in the required effort

I don't know why they hesitate for PC ports, it's like for their own good. They get to make more out of a game.
It's likely due to a combination of factors, including:

- Console exclusivity deals
- Fear of piracy and potential revenue loss
- Additional development costs for PC porting and optimization
- Focus on console market share and sales
- Limited resources and prioritization of other projects

However, you're right that PC ports can increase a game's revenue and player base. Hopefully, more developers will consider PC releases in the future, especially with the growing popularity of PC gaming and digital distribution platforms like Steam and Epic Games Store.

It's likely due to a combination of factors, including:

- Console exclusivity deals
- Fear of piracy and potential revenue loss
- Additional development costs for PC porting and optimization
- Focus on console market share and sales
- Limited resources and prioritization of other projects

However, you're right that PC ports can increase a game's revenue and player base. Hopefully, more developers will consider PC releases in the future, especially with the growing popularity of PC gaming and digital distribution platforms like Steam and Epic Games Store.
Their financial analysis frame the complete opposite picture though. They are generating massive revenues from PC ports. Last I remember Horizon and Gow made like 50$+ dollars on the sales of around million units.

I am pretty sure a pc port and further optimizations dont take that much are likely a fraction of what the ultimate sales and profit are